DRC is one of the very few accounting firms in Vancouver that has extensive experience with strata corporation audits, reviews, compilations and with the preparation of income tax returns to comply with the Income Tax Act. We serve strata corporations, real estate firms and property management companies.
Our firm understands the new Canadian Accounting Standards for Not-For-Profit Organizations and the implications for strata councils, owners and property management companies.
Our services include:
- Strata assurance engagements such as audits and review engagements
- Strata compilation engagements – Notice to Reader
- Transitional reviews
- Preparation of income tax returns for submission to CRA using the Voluntary Disclosure Program
- Accountant’s Report to comply with the B.C. Real Estate Act
- Special reports on special assessment expenditures
- Reviews of internal controls of the planning and monitoring committee (PMC) to identify weaknesses and strengths
For more information, please contact Stan Dong at 604-730-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DRC offers multiple services to help your business grow and prosper. Many owner-managed businesses, especially in the start-up phase, do not have a full-time financial manager and/or qualified bookkeeper in place as they are devoting all their energies and resources to the development and operation of the firm. We can provide solutions to fit your needs and budget and keep you on track.
For businesses in the start-up phase we offer:
- Accounting software setup, training, and ongoing support
- Budget and cash flow forecast development
- Bookkeeping services
- Comprehensive and practical advice regarding business registration; incorporation and shareholdings; GST and PST; payroll; and system controls
For all businesses we offer:
- Compilations and review engagements for financial statement preparation
- Assistance in helping you understand your financial position and analyze your operations
- Bookkeeping services
- Advice and assistance regarding tax compliance and tax minimization
- Preparation and efile of T2 Corporation Income Tax Returns (for incorporated businesses), T1 Personal Income Tax Return business schedules (for proprietorships), and T5013 Partnership Financial Returns
- To act as your representative in dealings with CRA
- GST and PST return preparation
- T4 and T5 information return preparation
- Advisory services regarding remuneration including salary/dividend mix and income splitting options
- Corporate reorganizations to reduce risk as your business grows
- Succession planning
At DRC we are committed to keeping our tax law knowledge current and communicating with you in understandable language. We will prepare your personal tax return using our best knowledge to minimize your tax liability — whether you are an employee with a simple return, a retired person, an unincorporated business owner, or an investor with extensive securities portfolios or rental properties. When your return is completed, we will sit down with you and clearly explain your return and proactively help you plan for your future.
Tax planning and minimization may be as simple as helping you understand the impact of your RRSP contributions, optimizing your claims for medical expenses or charitable donations, pension splitting with your spouse or maximizing your allowable deductions for childcare and children’s programs. In other cases, tax minimization may involve determining capital gains and losses, filing a disability tax credit application, setting up an income splitting plan or a family trust.
Whether the planning is simple or complex, DRC will work with you to prepare a tax strategy that reflects your needs — taking into consideration your age, life situation and goals.
We prepare all tax documents with integrity and act as your representative with the Canada Revenue Agency.
Trusts and Estates
At DRC we will help you plan for all of life’s events.
Family and discretionary trusts:
If appropriate, we can help you create and utilize a family trust to split income with adult children especially during their post-secondary school years or create an alter-ego trust for you or your spouse to minimize or avoid probate fees on death.
Death and testamentary trusts:
We encourage individuals to plan for death in order to minimize probate fees, taxes, estate administration fees and, more importantly, to reduce the financial and administrative stress for remaining family members. Our strong client relationships allow us to address these matters with you and to help create the appropriate plan.
DRC partners work together with known tax and estate lawyers to put the recommended trust and/or estate plan in place.
Trust and estate services include:
- Trust and estate planning
- Bookkeeping services
- Preparing the final income tax return(s) for the year of death
- Preparing trust and estate (T3) tax returns
- Acting as a resource to the executor of the estate